The Parish of Tettenhall Regis consists of 4 churches on the north-western edge of the city of Wolverhampton, extending into the district of South Staffordshire, in the Church of England Diocese of Lichfield.
St. Michael & All Angels is the oldest of the four, dating back approximately 1000 years. It has seen many changes and adaptations over the centuries, most notably when it was destroyed by fire in 1952. The new church was rededicated in 1955, an astonishing achievement given post-was austerity.
Holy Cross in Bilbrook was built in 1898, as a mission church of St. Michael’s, when what is now a village was just a hamlet. In that time, the community has grown massively, but the church is still at the heart of the village. Bilbrook became a district of the parish of Codsall in 1959, before becoming a parish in its own right in 2005. In 2015 it returned to being a district of the parish of Tettenhall Regis.
After the second world war, as Wolverhampton spread, a mission hut was established in what is now Macrome Road, Aldersley. Despite also being concerned with the rebuilding of St. Michael’s, the parish embarked on a second building project, of the multi-purpose Christ the King, which was dedicated in 1956, and continues to serve the areas of Aldersley and Claregate.
Further growth of the town of led to the development of the Dovecotes area of Wolverhampton, to be renamed Pendeford. In 1982 the church was established in the newly built St. Paul’s school.
The parish consists of 2 church primary schools:
One church middle school:
And one church secondary school: